Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Last Respite -/|\- Hidden Posts


It's good to be home. Training with the guys and girls at the dojo again. Hanging out with Green Man and Forgemaster. I got a hug from Weaver as soon as I walked into the door. Spinner and Cutter are there too. I would have wrote on the blog sooner, but I was just having too much fun being alive.

More kicks! More punches! More video games, teaching things to Time Lord's students that they didn't know! Jesus Christ on Crackers with Crutches this is good.

But all good things come to an end. This is my last respite. From here on out, it's back to business. And you all need to know what the story is with Mastermind.

I remember my missing 20 hours. I've remembered them for the last month and a half. There's no good explanation for why I'm not dead. There's also no good explanation for why you guys don't know all of this information already. Then again, Time Lord finally played his ace, so it's to be expected. Shit never goes in a linear fashion when he's involved. And this has always been about Time Lord. Now that I've thrown my hat into the ring, I need to do what I do best: improvise with extreme prejudice. They're still looking for him, and if they're monitoring my blog, there's no chance of them finding him now based on what I write. I'm free to talk. 

When you get down to it though, am I really free to talk? Not going to lie, I'm terrified.

-/|\-


 Hidden Posts:

I remember, months ago, after we had gotten Weaver good and packed, we had piled into my car. She borrowed my cell phone, and started calling out to Spinner, Time Lord, Cutter, anyone she could reach. At the time, I thought I'd told everyone what you needed to know.

The funny thing is though, if you read this post, I'm going to bet about ninety percent of you noticed a section in the title that never ended up on the page. Or maybe you didn't notice? Lord knows nobody ever commented on it. Read the title again.

It says: "Tao and Sage discuss Tarot. -/|\- A Time Lord Anecdote(1) -/|\- Hours 24 - 20 -/|\- Hotel Room".

I put "Hotel Room" in bold for a reason. As near as I can tell, not a single person had ever read the "Hotel Room" section of that entry. I considered it weird at the time that nobody commented on the events of Hotel Room. Not a single person. It confused me a little, but at the time I had other things to worry about.

Then I remembered my missing twenty-four hours and decided to sit on the information for a while. Then I meditated on that specific post. After all, Hotel Room was a weird freaking entry. SOMEBODY should have brought it up. After an hour or so of meditation and reading through my archives after I got home, I sensed the problem. Okay ladies and gentlemen, on a conceptual level, the internet and our blogs are all storehouses of our ideas and memories and concepts, correct? This is why on a metaphysical level people can be perception filtered, blogs can get warped and twisted, and the universe can look totally weird when viewed on someone's blogpage.

That said, Time Lord created an active perception filter not too long after I got to Buffalo. It was all slapped together very quickly, not his best work at all. The catch being, that this filter wasn't designed to hide information from me, it was designed to hide it from everyone ELSE. I'm able to read the Hotel Room entry. You guys wouldn't be able to. The people working for Mastermind would be especially unable to read the entry. Like I said though, this is not Time Lord's best work. If he was really on his game, you guys wouldn't be able to read "Hotel Room" in the title at all.

I've been scouring my posts to see if there were any other sections that were hidden from you guys. I had been getting a little nervous about how nobody was commenting about the areas where I explained more information that I'd garnered about my missing 24 hours, so I know those entries were hidden from you.


Right now, the only reason I can think of as to why he'd do this was in case Mastermind read my blog and figured out some things that he shouldn't. Or maybe there was something else Time Lord didn't want me telling you?

It all boils down to the above picture: Batman is eating your nachos. What are you going to do about it? In my case, I'm going to try and break the damn filter so I can fill you guys in. I don't have time for this shit.

6 comments:

  1. O.O

    That is some epic shit on Time Lord's part. Remind me never to piss him off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Batman wants to eat your nachos

    you let him eat your goddam nachos and bring salsa.

    Things you learn on the job here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y'see... now hang on a sec, this is interesting.

    I'm staring at that Hotel Room page as hard as I can, but nothing shows up. It's like it doesn't exist. Par for the course, naturally, but exactly how long is that entry? because I can see the comments starting up right beneath the Hours 24-20 section. I can't believe this didn't strike me a long time ago, but unless I lose the time it takes for me to actually scroll down to the comment section (time that ought to be measurable if I'm careful), then a perception filter is not just a matter of matter of hiding something, it's a matter of replacing something with something else.

    THAT'S a whole different ballgame, right there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's the best there is at what he does, and what he does is goddamn amazing. That said, he was in a hurry. So far, I think "Hotel Room" was the only slip, but I can't be certain. For right now, I'm going over the missing entries to see why he would want them hidden.

    In any case, I think I can repost them in a way that will get around the filter. I'll give it a shot in the next day or so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, caught up.

    Holy shit. You're a crazy motherfucker. I mean that in the best way possible.
    If I'd heard any of this before I started getting stalked by our least favorite businessman I'd have thought you were completely fugnuts.

    Now, I tend to think you're a badass.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am now going to be suspicious and paranoid about every single title. Thank you so much for that. >.<;;

    ReplyDelete